This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #ExpressUrSelfie #CollectiveBias
Music has the power to transform - to take you back to a moment in time. There's something about sounds and tastes that just do that. A certain song playing in the background with a sip of Coca-Cola™ can instantly take me back to memories like taking my first joy ride down an old country road with the windows rolled down as my cares flew out of them. There's a lot to be said for nostalgia. Living so far away from the town I was born and raised in is bittersweet for me sometimes. I love my city, but I feel rooted in my hometown, because of all the memories it holds. So, when Coca-Cola asked me to "Share A Coke and A Song" I was thrilled at the opportunity to recreate some of my favorite Coca-Cola filled memories. By the way, Coca-Cola wants you to #ExpressUrSelfie, and they're giving away some amazing prizes to those that do so! Enter to win the Share a Coke Sweepstakes at cokeplaytowin.com/shareacokesweepstakesfor a chance to win tickets to the American Music Awards® and more.
1. Snap a selfie with your favorite lyrics on a Share a Coke® bottle or can
2. Upload your selfie to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #ShareaCokeSweepstakes
3. Enter up to 12 times to increase your chances of winning a trip for 2 to the2016 American Music Awards®, along with hundreds of other great prizes! Including: wireless headphones, wireless speakers, a 1 year Premium Music App Membership or a $50 Music Gift Card
Feeling nostalgic, I set out to make a care package for a childhood friend back home. For no reason in particular other than to say, "I'm thinking about you." (Those random gifts are the best, after all!) I headed over to Safeway (which I love, because they have everything and it's just down the street!) and found a Coca-Cola bottle labeled with the song lyrics, "Cause You Are On My Mind." (What better way to tell my friend I'm thinking of them?!)
I grabbed a few other goodies and wrapped it all up in a box to ship out to my friend. It was such a simple, perfect way to send a care package!
Want to make your own care package? Here are a few pointers.
- Start with an empty box. Make sure it's the perfect size to hold your goodies. (You don't want the box to be way bigger than the items you're putting in it.)
- Pick up a 20oz bottle of Coca-Cola from your local Safeway - make sure it's the bottle with the microphone bottleneck and song lyrics!
- Select a few other goodies for your package, like popcorn and gummy bears.
- Grab some clear plastic baggies and ribbon for a cute way package your snacks.
- Finish it all off with cute tissue paper, ribbon or my personal favorite, crinkle tissue paper.
There you have it, a simple and effective way to spread a little cheer to the ones you love. I'd love to hear some of your care package ideas in the comments below! And, don't forget to enter the #ExpressUrSelfie sweepstakes at cokeplaytowin.com/shareacokesweepstakes!